Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first fall :(

Erin and I biked to work together for the first time today. All was going well. I got out of the house on time, we got to the corner where we were meeting at the exact same time, the weather was lovely. And most of the ride went this way.

Then Erin went around a corner and I followed her, though I usually go up a different way. I went to get on the sidewalk and the edge was higher than normal. I thought it would be okay, but my tire stuck and I fell over onto the sidewalk. Luckily traffic was stopped (so that they could stare at me and think I was a freak). I knocked my chain off (again), but otherwise felt fine. I brushed off the dirt and Erin and I finished riding in. Luckily we were already at Seattle Center and not far from the park.

Currently my ankle is a little sore. I've been icing it and took ibuprofen (thanks to Dave's concern/medical advice). I also have a bruise on my other leg and more grease on my hand - adding to the grease on my leg that hasn't washed off yet.

I guess it's good for me since they say you are sure to fall when you get clips (note that I still have cages on now). I'll be more prepared. Sigh.

Dave is going to help me install some more new equipment tonight (seat, clips). I'm giving my body a little break this week in the interest of being bruise and grease free for Kendra's wedding. I also have a serious lack of time...

I do think it's time to schedule a bike tune up, though!

1 comment:

AP Mommy said...

Sounds like a good fall to start off with, nothing too serious :) Hope your ankle feels better!