Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bike servicing, etc.

I finally got around to making my appointment to get my bike serviced. I'm a horrible human being and haven't serviced my bike since I bought it a little over a year ago. I told the guy at REI I was horrible when asking what service I needed. Luckily I am now set with an appointment on August 4, and I'm looking forward to seeing how well my bike works after that!

REI is also able to package and ship my bike, and I trust their work. It's good to have another thing figured out! I just have to get in touch with the bike shop in New York and find out when they need to receive my bike.

Biking has been light (i.e. not happening) since I was busy with Kendra's wedding (which was beautiful), but I hope to get in a ride on Friday and maybe on Saturday before the Seattle Century on Sunday. Dave and I are doing the half century and may be joined by Blana and my dad and Cathy depending on how they are feeling. I actually feel really glad to have had a little break - I needed a mental and physical rest.

I'm still on target with my training, just need to keep up with the total mileage. I expect to get in some good rides while Dave is out of town (what else am I going to do?). I might have to find a bike when I'm in Hawaii!

No comments: