Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Travel plan and itinerary updates

Since returning from Hawaii I've been in high gear on all fronts. At work I'm preparing for The Salmon Return on September 13 - my next big event. There are about a million other things to do, so I'm just trying to keep on top of things.

As you know, I went into a big push on fundraising. Now that I'm at the minimum requirement there is a huge weight off my shoulders. I have a bag from Danielle, sleeping bag options from my family, and I'm probably borrowing a tent from Jeff's brother (again, a million thank yous to everyone).

I'm finalizing my plans for travel to the event. I leave on the night of Wednesday, September 17 and will arrive in New York on September 18. I'll be staying with Danielle's family in New Jersey that night - many, many thanks to the Merseles family! On Friday I will take the train back into the city, sightsee, and pick up my bike. That night is the kick-off event at BLVD. I'll spend the night at a hostel and we leave at 7am on September 20 (my b-day).

We have received some rider updates as well. Here's an overview of the itinerary:
Day 1 (9/20): New York to Princeton, NJ, 45 miles, ferry from NY to NJ, Garden State
Day 2 (9/21): Princeton, NJ to Valley Forge, PA, 60 miles, biking the Delaware River
Day 3 (9/22): Valley Forge to Holtwood, 70 miles, Amish country, Susquehanna River
Day 4 (9/23): Holtwood, PA to Baltimore, MD, 60 miles, horse country, almost there!
Day 5 9/24): Baltimore to D.C., 55 miles, Capitol Crescent Trail, press event, finish

I have a few more things to pick up and prepare, but I'm getting there! Dana and Blake gave me two new jerseys for my birthday - a big help! They also got me a second water bottle holder, so I can have two on my bike. I have patch kits, tubes, all that stuff. Now I'm looking for a handle bar bag that fits my bike (it's pretty small, to fit me!).

Whew!

No comments: