Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I leave tomorrow!

Wow. I can't believe it's here! Tomorrow night I leave for Climate Ride. I'm definitely nervous, but I'm also ready to get this thing going! Everyone has been wishing me luck, which is so nice. I'm glad to know I have so many fans cheering me on. :)

I was just looking at 10-day weather forecasts for the region, and no rain is predicted (could we be so lucky?). Highs range from 60-80 degrees, so pretty ideal. This is perfect because it really matches the conditions I've been training in. It also sounds pretty comforable for sleeping in a tent a couple of nights!

Packing is going well. The bag Danielle let me borrow seems like it is going to be perfect. And my stuff doesn't seem to be too heavy, which is fantastic. I finished laundry yesterday and I'm getting everything piled in there and ready to go.

In other news, I found out that we will receive some fun free goodies from Nike - a black sweatsuit (sounds comfy for evenings after riding). We'll also get treats from Burt's Bees, a mug, and a couple of Nalgene water bottles. Yay for SWAG!

Thanks to everyone for being so thoughtful about my birthday. I kind of feel like I've forgotten about it this year! I appreciate your understanding about my crazy schedule before I leave, and I appreciate all the well wishes.

I will probably blog from the Merseles' in New Jersey, but after that I don't expect I will be able to until I reach Sarah's in D.C. Dave will be doing a few guest blogs to keep you updated on my progress. We really don't know how cell phone reception will be or how often I will be able to charge my phone, but I hope to provide as many updated as possible. I plan to start blogging about the ride when I get to D.C. and I'll keep catching up after I return home on the 27th.

Love to all my friends and family! I will miss you!

1 comment:

AP Mommy said...

Good luck Jackie! I hope weather and other conditions are agreeable! Have a great time!!