Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Carbon emissions offset!

I keep meaning to post this! I thought you would all like to know that I have purchased offsets to cover the carbon footprint of my flights to get to and from Climate Ride.

Cliff Bar is a sponsor of the ride, and they offer a "Cool Tags" program. Learn more at "Green My Ride." It was $24 to purchase offsets for my flights, and I selected a 50/50 blend of wind and methane.

While offsets aren't a solution to climate change, they are a powerful step to take after reducing your carbon footprint. No one can complete eliminate their carbon footprint, and offsets are a way of making up for your impact while supporting innovation in green business and technology. I know that I will always want to travel and experience new places, but sadly travel is a major contributor to carbon emissions. A balance of minimizing trips, traveling to places close to home, and purchasing offsets will help mediate the choice to travel.

No comments: