Monday, June 16, 2008

The sun has finally arrived!

The weather has been...less than ideal...here in Washington. Between the rain/cold and being busy at work, I didn't get in a lot of riding at the beginning of June. The sun has finally arrived, though, and I'm ready to kick my summer into gear. Dave and I took a quick ride to Ballard along the Burke-Gilman yesterday. I was hoping to ride to Redmond today, but I have a sore throat. Tomorrow Erin and I have our bike maintenance class at REI, so I'll be riding to that!

Yesterday was Father's Day and I visited with both sides of the family. It was reassuring to talk to my dad and Cathy about the bike ride. Whenever I talk to experienced bike riders I feel better. I was trying to talk Cathy into coming on the ride, too (hint, hint). We also talked about biking equipment.

I've been upgrading and acquiring all the things I need in increments. A lot of components require testing. I think I've finally resigned to getting a new seat for my bike. I keep trying different options to make mine work, but it's time to upgrade. I also need to buy clipless pedals and shoes so that I can start practicing with them. I'm also in the market for clear bike glasses and thicker gloves. My Camelbak sprung a leak yesterday, so I have to figure that out, too. Sigh. It adds up, but I like working towards something like this.

No comments: