Sunday, June 1, 2008

First update from Climate Ride staff!

I received my first e-mail update from Climate Ride staff. Here are the highlights:
- I can receive discounts at a bike shop in NY and DC to assist with getting supplies ready. The NY shop can receive shipped bikes if I go that route (probably will just check on the plane a pay extra).
- Climate Ride has a Facebook page! I've joined and others can join to show their support. It is a place for the full group to post stories, photos, etc.
- They are putting out a travel planner at the end of June, so I'll likely make most of my arrangements then. They will have help for bike transport, hotels, etc.

And my new favorite quote: "Never underestimate the power of a bicycle trip to change your life."

I'm getting really excited!

No comments: