Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm doing it! Climate Ride 2008!

Well, it's official! I've registered for Climate Ride 2008 (http://www.climateride2008.org/)! It's a 320 mile bike ride from New York City to Washington, D.C. The ride begins on my 26th birthday - September 20, 2008 - and runs through September 24 when we reach the capitol.

I'll use this blog to track my experience as I prepare for and go through the ride. I'm simultaneously scared out of my mind and giddy with excitement. While I've always been active, this may be the most I've ever put my body to the test - depending on it to get me where I need (and want) to go. And I know that I'll have to push myself to train, physically and mentally. While I'm sometimes overly organized or academically studious, I know that I'll need systems to keep myself on track for this one!

Thanks to my friends and co-workers who have already supported me in the decision to participate in this event. I'll be fundraising for Ride for Climate at http://climateride2008.kintera.org/jackiewhite26. I know it will be a once in a lifetime experience and I'm thrilled to share it with, as Sarah would say, "my loved and liked ones."

No comments: